When Is It Legal To Hire A Private Investigator
Hiring a Private Investigator to help you in your difficult times, is always 100% legal. No matter what situation you find yourself in, that does not dictate whether hiring a private investigator is legal or not. However, it is the responsibility of the private investigator to advise you on the legalities of what you are asking to be carried out. For instance, if you are looking to find someone who owes you money and the person is not responding to your calls and letters, it is perfectly legal for you to instruct a private investigator to you find the person.
You may have a situation where you suspect your partner may not be telling you the whole truth about something. In this scenario, we would welcome you to speak to our private investigator for some discreet, professional advice on the matter. Our private investigators are highly experienced and will provide you with a cost effective approach to uncovering the truth. This can be achieved by carrying out covert surveillance or some background checks. In any case, you can be rest assured that our private detective agency will provide you with the best advise for your particular case as we do not take a blanket approach to every case. Being Preston and London based, our investigation services can be deployed with short notice all across the UK.
With a team of 300 Professional Private Investigators in UK and overseas, we can help you almost anywhere in the world with our professional team of international investigators. Our investigation services are all tailored around your requirements whether it is a domestic or commercial investigation. Here are a few examples of our services:
Many people find themselves in a difficult situation of having to find someone. This is an investigation service that many investigator agencies do offer, but not all specialise in this area of expertise.
Do you need to find someone?
As an investigator company that specialises in finding people, our professional private investigators leave no stones un-turned. The techniques used by our private detective agency have been perfected like a fine art through years of experience and in house training. We are results driven and keep all tracing enquiries open until our private investigators find the correct person that you are looking for.
Our private detective agency was contacted by a parent who was looking to find his son who had been missing without any contact for years. Aside from contacting other investigator agencies, the client had contacted the police a number of times to help find his son. With every avenue not producing a positive outcome, the parent contact our private investigator agency with great reluctance. After speaking with the client for a length of time, we clearly understood the severity of the situation and the parent’s desperation to see his son again. Our London detectives got right on the case and began to follow all lines of enquiries. As part of of our lines of enquiry, we also search through any online profiles. Searching through facebook, we found an account that belonged to our clients son. So the search began. Further searches showed a potential relationship with a colleague. Now we had a potential second person to find. It transpired that the clients son had somehow changed his name with the hope of evading ever being found. We did eventually find the son and the client was happily reunited with him. The entire case took approximately 3 months to complete, but keeping the client updated throughout the case gave our client the peace of mind that he needed.
Over recent years, we have seen an increase in the volume of enquiries related to background checks from the domestic market. Our private investigator company is often contacted by people looking to find out information for a whole host of reasons. This could be from background checks on nannies to business associates. Another new area that has seen an increase is in the number of background checks requested on potential life partners. Yes! it’s true. So many people are now considering a full background check on a partner before getting too involved. In today’s age of smartphone and dating sites so easily accessible, it is an option to seriously consider. I would certainly recommend it. It is always surprising to know what skeletons people have hidden from the ir partners. I’m afraid there is no hiding when our highly experienced private investigators are on the case. As explained earlier, our reach surpasses far beyond the remits of the united kingdom and armed highly experienced international private investigators, we get results. For years our private investigator agency has perfected our craft and we continue to stay ahead with advances in the use technology for extracting intelligence.
Surveillance is one of the most popular services that our private investigator agency is hired to carry out. Our surveillance services are carried out by highly experienced, discreet and above all, professional private investigators. These professional private investigators have acquired a wealth of unrivaled experience through their military background. So be rest assured you are in the best of hands. The discreet and confidential service of Private Investigations UK will give you the peace of mind throughout this difficult period.
When our private investigators carry out surveillance, they may use covert hidden cameras to gather the evidence you need. Don’t worry, this is all legal and above board. Our private investigators only use cameras that facilitate time and date stamp. This way the person under observation can never dispute our findings.
Do you need a private investigator in london? Our private investigator team in london can be deployed with short notice. Being familiar with the territory gives our private investigators an added advantage. Contacting a private investigator is never easy. We appreciate it can be an unnerving experience. Don’t worry, our friendly and above all professional approach will give you peace of mind. You can expect a detailed free consultation so we get a better understanding of the situation. This is your chance to explain everything in detail. After all, we can only best advise you once we know everything. Our sympathetic, friendly and compassionate approach will soon have you at ease. Trust is everything in our industry. So having your trust in us is paramount. Coupled with our professional indemnity insurance, your mind will be put at ease by also knowing that we are members of united kingdom and international professional bodies.
How To Hire A Good Private Investigator
Hiring a good private investigator whether you are in London or any part of the country, is paramount to the success of the investigation.
Have you checked the reviews? or googled the business? That would be a good place to start.
The industry of private investigators in the UK is currently unlicensed and unregulated. This of course, is a cause of concern. However, don’t despair. Private investigations UK has been been thoroughly screened and vetted by the industry leading National and International professional bodies such as UKPIN, WAPI, CII and hold a current data protection licence. Furthermore, as a reputed private investigator agency throughout the UK, we hold the appropriate insurance that covers all the investigative work we carry out.
If you haven’t been recommended a firm then follow the steps below to ensure that you are choosing a reliable and trustworthy Private Investigator to help you with your situation.
1. Call the advertised telephone number. There has been a significant increase of “part-time” private investigators in the industry lately. We are finding that new investigators coming into the industry are dipping their toe in the water before taking the plunge. They are still in full time employment elsewhere and trying out the investigation industry as a possible new line of work. You do ‘NOT’ want your sensitive case to be handled by someone trying their hand at being an investigator. If the phone is not answered, there could be a number of reasons, the ‘private investigator’ is still at the full time work so can`t answer your call or maybe he is just not available. In either event, you need your call answered right away.
2. Do your due diligence on the company. Hiring a private investigator can sometimes cost in the thousands. It is imperative that you confirm if the private investigator you are looking to hire, is either self-employed or a registered company. If the private investigator has a registered ltd company, you can confirm the business details here. http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk If the private investigator is self-employed, then make sure you have all the contact details before progressing the matter further. However, my advice to you would be to always hire the services of a private investigator who has a registered business.
3. Confidentiality. When disclosing your inner most personal detail and sensitive information, you need to know that it is protected and in safe hands. So how do you do this? Well, it`s easier then you may have thought. Every private investigator in the UK is required by law to have a valid Data Protection Licence as they are handling and processing private and confidential data. So, to be on the safe side, make sure you check that your private investigator is a DPA licence holder before parting with any money. You can check if the firm holds a valid licence here. https://ico.org.uk/esdwebpages/search
4. Consultation. Ok, let`s say that you have done your due diligence on the private investigator and you are happy to move forward. Make sure that you are not charged for a consultation over the phone. If you are, then it`s quite possible that the firm you are speaking with is only interested in your money. It is important that you feel comfortable with the person you are speaking to on the other end of the phone as you are about to reveal your most private and personal information for most probably the very first time and you need to make sure that you and the private investigator are a good fit. It`s important that you are given the time, attention and good advice on how to deal with your situation.
5. Communication. Make sure you do communicate with the private investigator via email and keep a record of your correspondence for future reference. If the Private investigator that you are in communication with is using a Hotmail, gmail, or yahoo account, proceed with caution as anyone can set up a generic email address. Check to see if the private investigator has a website. If there is no website, I would tread with caution. If there is a website then the email should be coming from their domain. For example instead of receiving an email from firstname.lastname@example.org, you should get an email from email@example.com
6. The Fee. When hiring a private investigator, the fee from case to case is always different as some cases may require more than one private investigator and there are also many other factors. However, after the consultation the private investigator should be able to tell you from the outset, what the fee for the case would be. In some cases the private investigator may ask for a retainer and a fee limit in which to work with. This is perfectly normal. In many cases the private investigator will tell you from the outset how many investigators this task will require, the hourly fee per investigator and how long you would require them on the task all comes down to the availability of finances. A qualified and experienced private investigator in the UK will normally charge an hourly fee ranging from from£45.00 – £65.00 per hour per agent. Please be wary of investigators offering their services very cheap as the age old saying goes… ‘You get what you pay for’ and what you get, may not be what you expected.
7. Contract. Do you really need a contract? In short the answer is Yes! Make sure that when hiring a private investigator to either investigate a case of infidelity or to trace a person, it is equally important in every case to have a contract in place. If you have a contract in place, you will know in writing, exactly what the obligations of each party are.
8. Payment. When hiring the services of a qualified private investigator, it is imperative that you choose a payment method that is both, a safe transaction and also one that has a record of payment. Try and avoid handing over hard cash.
9. Communication throughout the investigation. So you have signed the contract and made the payment but it`s all gone quiet from the investigator. Get clarification from the outset with regards to updates on the case. You need to know if it`s normal practice not to hear from the investigator agency for a few days or even a week. Every firm will work their own way but as a general rule of practice and customer care, every professional private investigator will always keep their clients updated on the progress of the case.
10. Final Report. Once the investigation is complete you need to know how the intelligence obtained will be presented to you. Is it by a simple email, by post or a professionally drafted report. For any type of a surveillance tasks you should expect nothing less than a professionally drafted surveillance report that is accompanied by time and date stamped photographs.
What Are The Benefits Of Hiring A Good Private Investigator
Hiring a good Private Investigator will make the difference between your investigation being successful or not. A good private investigator will have the hands on experience that can only ever be acquired through years of perfecting ones craft. Just having a qualification is certainly not good enough, nor does it mean one has the ability to perform the array of tasks required to accomplish the objective.
Therefore, it is imperative to ask the question regarding experience. This will enable you to make a sound judgement if a particular Private Investigator is up to the job.
Here are some benefits of hiring a good Private investigator:
ReliabilityTransparencyExperienceHaving a client agreement in placeClear pricingAffiliation with industry leading organisationsInsured to carry out the workOne case handlerNo travel feesProfessional reporting
What Does It Cost For A Private Investigator
The cost of hiring a good Private Investigator do vary from one firm to another. But do remember, if your paying cheap, the chances are that you will be paying again. It is also important to remember that you are hiring professional help. Therefore, do remember that professional help comes with professional fees. Please don’t expect to barter the fees as you would in the souks of Marrakesh.
Below is a price list that will help you get a good idea about what you can expect to pay:
Surveillance: £45.00 – £65.00 per hour, per agent. (After a review of your case, we will advise you of how many agents would be required to achieve your objective. This is a crucial part of your investigation as you generally only get one good opportunity, and you do not want to compromise it).
Finding Someone’s Address: £249.00 – £475.00. (We will take a look at what historical information you already have about the person you are looking to find. The more information you have, generally the quicker the outcome.
Background Checks: £565.00 – £1200.00 (All depending on how deep you wish to search. Our background checks equip you with the intelligence you need to have. This will help you have a greater insight to the individual.)
Vehicle Tracking: From £375.00 a week. (When hiring a vehicle tracker, we charge on a weekly basis. However, the longer the hire, the cheaper the overall cost. We would deploy and retrieve the device)
Matrimonial Investigations: From £750.00. (Typically, our matrimonial investigations start at £750.00 and comprise of many services)
What Is The Process Of Investigation
Speak with us with 100% Confidentiality
We believe the most crucial part of the investigation is on inception of the case. Therefore listening to you patiently and compassionately, is paramount. You are encouraged to take all the time you need to fully explain your situation in as much detail as possible.
Assessment of your case
After the free, telephone consultation with you, we will assess the case keeping the key objectives of the task in mind.
Our recommendations with clear pricing
After the assessment, we will provide you with a plan of the best way to achieve your objectives without compromising the task in anyway and of course obtaining the evidence discreetly and covertly. Our advice is based of years of perfecting our craft and the extensive knowledge of the industry. The price quoted to you is always a fixed price with complete transparency and No hidden charges.
Investigation is conducted
With the plan all set, we will deploy our very best and highly skilled covert intelligence agents to carry out the task and obtain irrefutable evidence for you. Our agents are equipped with the latest in high tech, close proximity, covert equipment to get the best results for you.
You are provided with a professional report of the investigation with time and date stamped photographs and video footage which will either confirm your suspicions or give you peace of mind.
So go ahead and call us on 08000029858 or 07730439156. Our service is Confidential and Discreet. If you prefer to email us, you can at firstname.lastname@example.org